Hands free bottle feeding, Mommy's little helper, and an Intervention

Thursday, September 3, 2009
Good news this week! Brandon gets to start at Primrose, the same school Nicky goes to starting in October. I also decided to get a nanny for the 3 weeks until he starts rather than put him in the other day care. (Thanks Mamma Lori!) This will be much easier for me and help with  the transition. I hope with the free time I get before I start work, I can finally finish the remaining boxes and organize the boys rooms.

Thanks to my friend Liz, I got this neat-o hands free bottle device. I hope Brandon has a "suck" strong enough to make this work. I will keep you posted as soon as it arrives and we try it out. Today he made some progress with his pacifier. I was able to get him to use it for about 30 minutes without me or Dan holding it in. We still can't get him to rest or hang out, unless he is in our arms, or sleeping or eating. We get maybe 20 minutes a day where he will be awake and happy. The rest of his awake time is in our arms ...UGH.I am also taking him to the Dr tomorrow because he has a really bad cough and congestion.

Nicholas is proving to be my little helper. Here he is throwing things away for me (things HE threw on the ground during breakfast) I love him to death...





In other news....

I think everyone knows I like to shop. I also admit I have a problem. I shop too much and thus spend too much. About 2 years ago, Dan put me on a budget. $200 every paycheck went into my own account that I could spend in any way I wish and to my heart content. Well honestly I tried to stick to it, somewhere down the line, my budget bled into our own joint account. Anyways, fast forward to this past summer, the perfect storm : 3 month maternity leave and unlimited access to online shopping...

To be honest,  I blame Gilt, Rue La La, and Haute Look for my recent downfall! I swear they are geniuses. Make us vulnerable girls even more susceptible by emailing us membership only secret sales and put a time limit on it. Never fails. Brilliant Marketing.

So this week I staged my own Intervention after yet another package arrived. (I could not resit these L.A.M.B shoes to wear with my new skinny jeans!)I tried to keep it secret, but Nicky pulled out the popcorn packaging and the sales slip from RevolveClothing.com and handed it right to Dan..... So now I made another promise to Dan and my family that I can not shop outside of my budget or I need approval from Dan.

wish me luck!

xoxo,

Vicci

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails