Proverbs

Wednesday, December 16, 2009
The idiom the straw that broke the camel's back is from an Arab proverb about how a camel wearing shoes is loaded beyond its capacity to move. Kinda like what it feels like when you get no sleep

This is a reference to any process by which cataclysmic failure (a broken back or ME) is achieved by a seemingly inconsequential addition (a single straw or LACK of SLEEP) - something is deemed to be the last in a line of unacceptable occurrences. It was obvious our sleep training for Brandon wasn't training any sleep and that has become unacceptable. And my own sanity was on its way to a cataclysmic failure.

Desperate times called for desperate measures. We had to get Brandon to sleep through the night. But what do we do? I have been too tired to read any sleep books, I have no time, when I do have time, I just want to sleep. Vicious circle of pretending we had a system and hoping that the next night would be the last. Finally we resorted to the tried and true Cry it out. Monday we began our new regime.




And hardly a regime it was...It's been 2 nights now and Brandon has slept through the night both nights. What a champ. What a big boy! (even better Nicky never woke up once either!) I've gotten some sleep and I swear I'm a whole different person. I showered today! haha. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I have a whole new outlook on life. Every cloud has a silver lining, and that's a proverb I like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails