False Alarm

Monday, May 9, 2011
Three years ago, I was sitting in my room, exactly where I am right now, so disappointed that a morning trip to the Hospital was dubbed a "false alarm". So disappointed that I was not holding a baby already.

It all started when I woke up on May 9th and assumed my water broke! I will spare everyone details but for those in the know, "the plug" came out! I ran into the guest bedroom where my mom was sleeping. I excitedly told her the news! It's time. Baby Nicholas is coming.

We called Bob and Val to catch a flight out, and I made Dan return as fast as he could from a trip to La Grange for work. I jumped in the shower, blew my hair dry, applied makeup, grabbed my bag, and jumped in the car.

{I should have known it was a false alarm when I had time to put on makeup. :)}

Dan met us in Labor and Delivery at Seton Main, and they checked me in. Sadly, 2 hours later, I was discharged and while feasting on the best smoked Gouda and apple wood bacon burger fromChez Zee, I realized it could be another week or so before I met my first born.

That evening, I walked around the block a couple times, massaged my ankles, and pouted. I was so sure he was coming, but it wasn't meant to be..

Three years ago, I had no idea what was about to happen. I had no idea how my life would change. How I would soon realize that there is no love like a mother's love for their babies. Little did I know, I didn't have to wait much longer...because at 4 am the very next morning...May 10....my water broke!

.:To be Continued:.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails