Introducing Luke Anthony Abeling!

Thursday, May 26, 2011
 Well, it's been over a week, so I guess its about time to introduce you to our newest addition in Abelingland!
Luke Anthony arrived on Wednesday, May 18th at 7:43 in the morning. He clocked in at 7lbs and 11 oz, almost 20 inches - 19 and 3/4 - and as I said before is absolutely perfect. As soon as he was pulled out, Dr Phillips yelled "Mama, look up here", and then  I saw him for the first time. He was incredible, pink and screaming. I also asked one last time, "Is it a boy for sure?" He was of course. :)

He came out screaming bloody murder - well he sounded like a screeching cat - but hasn't made a sound since. Is is possible, that our third *might* just be the most mellow and easiest??? When they brought him to me to hold for the first time, I saw Nicky in him and any reservations about three went out the window. I knew that no matter what, WE could do it.
He has his daddy's mouth, nose and eyes; my tiny head and nice olive complexion. ha. Like all babies, his eyes are blue right now and we will have to see over the next 8 or 9 months if they stay blue like daddy, turn hazel like mommy and Nicky's or come close to Brandon's green-grey eyes. He has dark brown hair that ends in the Abeling tail! (just like Nicky)

He was slightly jaundice but didn't need to be under heat lamps. When they took him to the nursery while I was in recovery, he needed some formula to up his blood sugar. But it was nothing to be concerned about.

My c-section went well...in fact there was no sign of weak or torn membranes, but he had to cut through a lot of scar tissue. After Luke came out, Dr. Phillips asked me one last time before he cut my tubes, and I assured him three was enough and to do it. He confirmed he got "both of them".

Tina, the assistant, who is known to be the best suturer in the business was on hand to sew up my last c-section and make sure my scar would be tiny and small.

After the procedure, the nurses came in to massage my uterus and to firm it up. It wouldn't firm up, and I was losing more blood than they liked, so they gave me a shot of something that starts with a D and then my uterus apparently firmed up. Nice.

But my blood count would have to be watched for the next couple of days. I did not want a transfusion so glad things turned out Ok.

When I made it to my room after recovery, Luke was brought to me and he took to nursing like a pro. Since then, we've had some latch issues, but we are doing well now. The boys didn't pay much attention to him at the hospital and we were not able to get them to come near me in the bed to take a group picture. My great friend Tara was on hand to take pictures for the day and she has already sent me some sneak peeks that I cant wait to share.

Auntie Val and Auntie Alex were there to experience this incredible day with me, as well as Grandma Booba, Papa Bob, and Papa Ray.

We stayed in the hospital until Friday and are home now resting and bonding. Below are some pictures of our first couple of days and  you can see videos (some birth ones so watch at your own risk :)), and more pictures here on flickr

Over the next couple of days I'll post pics of the boys with Luke and I am anxiously awaiting my Birth Day slide show from Tara. (no pressure Tara! :) Below is a picture comparison of all three boys on their first day.

Next week we take our annual family pictures with Michele at Pinkletoes and newborn pictures in her studio! I can't wait.

Dan and I are so blessed with three incredible boys. I can't wait to share and give all my love to these little babies and watch them grow into amazing young men. And I am more excited to document it all as treasured memories to keep forever.



Nicholas born at 1:03 pm, 8lbs 11oz, 21 inches
Brandon born at 7:38am, 7lbs 3oz, 20 inches
Luke born at 7:43 am, 7lbs 11 oz, 19 3/4 inches
Here are all THREE of my boys at a day old.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails