Sold! Good Bye Foster City

Thursday, December 30, 2010
When I was 7 years old, I watched in fascination as the house on 248 Thatcher Lane was being built. It was only 3 blocks away from where we were currently living at the time, On sandy Hook Court. Every day during the summer Valerie and I would ride our bikes over and pick up old scraps of wood and try to making working go karts. Nothing moved, despite our efforts. Eventually they were finished (after massive problems and delays and a dead cat in the wall....) and we moved in.And that's were I spent the next 27 years.

4 years ago, I moved to Austin for a job opportunity within VMware and the hardest part was leaving the Bay Area, a place I still consider "home", and it seemed almost impossible to leave my family and friends. My mom never forgave me for leaving HER.

Now, she is facing one of the toughest moments in her life, packing up that house full of 27 years of memories and treasures, leaving behind 63 years of home and security, and moving out here to be with me (and Dan) and her 2 grandsons...with another on the way.Austin, Texas was the last place they had in mind to retire.

But now, they have a new darling house 2 blocks away from me in Steiner Ranch, the house on Thatcher is sold, and it belongs to someone else. And in a week my mom will become a T E X A N! Well I am sure never in her heart, but I have a feeling, she will like it out here.

WELCOME to TEXAS Grandma BOOBA AND Papa BOB!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails