Welcome to the Third Trimester!

Thursday, March 10, 2011
Hello Third Trimester! Welcome to the home stretch - the final days of pregnancy! Every day that passes is one day closer till the end of my 4 year baby-making journey. We figured out when all this is said and done, the 5 years I have been in Austin, I will have been pregnant or nursing for 50 of the 60 months. WOW!

Everyone is so sure I will go back, try for 4 and pray to everything that is holy that it will be a girl -  but I'm scooping all that out. Bringing a melon ball-er to the c-section. Buy-bye. I'm old! It's time to retire! I want my body back! :)

Actually it is a very simple tubal-ligation. NO kitchen utensils will be harmed. Promise.

And since we seem to get pregnant by spontaneous combustion., Dan may just have to get chopped by the famous Dr. Dick Chop right here in Austin. Consultation prize: T-shirt that says "I got Chopped" by Dr. Chopp. True Story. Swear.

Back to the trimester - according to BabyCenter, Luke weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Speaking of Fat, I am also supposed to gain another 11 pounds before my due date. If accurate, by May 18th, I should have gained about 28 pounds and tip the scales at over 160. Awesome.

And because I will be mad I did not document it here, here are belly pictures. All three times. This pregnancy, there is one and only one picture of my belly (so far). Not like last two times, where I practically documented every week. The novelty has worn off.

Nicky Pregnancy Pictures
Brandon Pregnancy Pictures

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails